Wednesday, February 25, 2015

Economics (ID)


In economics we have been learning about the United States economy and some terminology that has to do with economy. For instance, consumer, producer, and resource. Before taking this class I knew a little bit about the economy and how it works. This was because I took economics when I was in middle school, but I didn’t know much about the U.S economy.

In Economics we have been learning about the type of system we have, which is a free enterprise system. This system is when a nation’s economic decisions are the result of individual decisions by buyers and sellers in the marketplace. We have also learned the common features of economic systems and the questions that each of them must respond to. Yesterday we learned about the principles of the free enterprise system. The six main principles are freedom to choose our employment, right to private property, profit motive, competition, consumer sovereignty, and freedom of contract.

In the past month that we have been taking economics I have learned a lot of things I never knew. There are still some things I don’t know about the United States economy that I want to know and I feel like I am going to learn all about it in this class.

2 comments:

  1. I read a lot about economics. It is fascinating! You should read, listen to, or watch Freakonomics. It's a super interesting movie, book, and podcast on how the economic system works.

    ReplyDelete
  2. A lot of people have come into economics knowing very little. The fact that we as students are able to learn about businesses and the way the economy is run at a early age is key.

    ReplyDelete